You gotta be kidding me ( An experience I won't forget )

A place to kick back with a drink and relax with fleetmates and guests. Water is not allowed...

Moderator: Command Staff

RifleMan80
Lieutenant, J.G.
Lieutenant, J.G.

You gotta be kidding me ( An experience I won't forget )

Post by RifleMan80 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:51 am

My fiance and I took a road trip to Columbus yesterday and as I was pulling into a BP gas station starting to pump gas, a what looked like a 24 year old man and his wife approached me saying I shouldn't be driving my car ( a 1982 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale with a Olds 350 ) because its too harmful to the environment and gasoline consumption. After 5 minutes of arguing with him, he pointed to his car which was a Nissan Cube, recommending me to buy a car that consumes less gas. Before I punched him in the stomach, he kicked my bumper and scuffed my chrome. I do believe he and his wife were drunk...
What did I learn? Environmentalist college students are oppressive. And I will drive whatever dang car I want as long as it gets me from point A-B. Besides, if I was nuts, all 10 tons of that car would of pulverized his little Nissan.

NOT COOL OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!

majormagna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: You gotta be kidding me ( An experience I won't forget )

Post by majormagna » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:08 pm

I don't think it's fair for you to group all these people together because of the actions of loudmouuth individuals.

I could say the same thing about Christians or Americans (hell, even British people). The issue is the a-holes are always the loudest, there are indeed nice Christians, Americans, Brits AND environmentalists; the issue is that the nice people are always quiet about these things.

For example, I am an environmentalist, but I know getting everyone to use (supposedly) moe environmentally friendly cars is difficult AND that the energy needed to do so would be better placed elsewhere, such as better public transport, renewable energy and such.

So I don't assault others with it, except for my MP, because you know, that's his job.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

RifleMan80
Lieutenant, J.G.
Lieutenant, J.G.

Post by RifleMan80 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:36 am

majormagna wrote:I don't think it's fair for you to group all these people together because of the actions of loudmouuth individuals.

I could say the same thing about Christians or Americans (hell, even British people). The issue is the a-holes are always the loudest, there are indeed nice Christians, Americans, Brits AND environmentalists; the issue is that the nice people are always quiet about these things.

For example, I am an environmentalist, but I know getting everyone to use (supposedly) moe environmentally friendly cars is difficult AND that the energy needed to do so would be better placed elsewhere, such as better public transport, renewable energy and such.

So I don't assault others with it, except for my MP, because you know, that's his job.
agreed, It wasn't fair. Besides, the old guy who had my car first, replaced the exhaust system with a commercial-duty cat-converter. Not as polluting as the gentlemen thought I was rofl

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:18 pm

I must say I really dislike people like this. I mean I love the environment, and I do what I can to keep what I use as less polluting as possible. But if I see someone driving a Ferrari, or some old classic, I am not going to say anything to them. Hell, I think the one thing that I'd do that wasn't eco friendly at all would be drive cars like that. Simple reason? I am not going to drive a trashy Cube or Leaf or Juke, or any of this electric crap. I want to hear an engine, not some pathetic whine.

p.s. as you can see, I hate electric cars with a passion. I even am critical of KERS in F1, and I LOVE F1...

majormagna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by majormagna » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:51 pm

Intercity125 wrote: I LOVE F1...
Don't I know it! (If you follow Gadget on Twitter, so will you)

What about the Tesla? That's a good car. Anyhow my car has an engine, still whines though. At least you don't own a Prius, ego boosting machines that still have crap milage.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Ogre
Commander
Commander

Post by Ogre » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Yeah I was going to mention the Tesla. That is one electric car I would drive. I would also drive some of these electric conversions of classic cars, but I agree these boxy looking PoS new vehicles I would not drive at all.
@Elbourt
Freedream (Main), Nartok, Xip, Xybamk (Delta), Xylok, Xylos, Yodah
Naven, Neop (Main Klink), Neota, Xap, Xeenon (Delta), Xylea, Xylia
D'Tek (Main Rom), G'Kar, N'Dar, Xylan, Xylar, Xypher (Delta)

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:21 pm

majormagna wrote:
Intercity125 wrote: I LOVE F1...
Don't I know it! (If you follow Gadget on Twitter, so will you)

What about the Tesla? That's a good car. Anyhow my car has an engine, still whines though. At least you don't own a Prius, ego boosting machines that still have crap milage.
xD Hey, gotta admit my commentary is good. + remember that engine note on Schumachers car that I tweeted just before he retired? :P

But even the Tesla I wouldn't drive... It's one of a few cars I refuse to buy in GT5 too, and that's just a game!

MarkoRamius
Lt. Commander - Retired
Lt. Commander - Retired

Post by MarkoRamius » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:01 pm

I would not drive a car or truck that would do any of that. Get me a car that you have to pump the gas 20 times or more in order for it to start :P

@Ramius5th
Fed: Marko Ramius, Ivan Raidenskovich, Thalen
KDF: Ixtana'Rax, Ch'Kobuk, Peloghale
Rom: Hans Scheinenzeppelin