Welcome To The New Forums!

A place to kick back with a drink and relax with fleetmates and guests. Water is not allowed...

Moderator: Command Staff

Do you like the new forums?

Yes
90%
No
No votes
Not Bothered
10%

Total votes: 10

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Welcome To The New Forums!

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:43 pm

If you guys are seeing this, it means the migration to the new forums has been a success! This is the first major upgrade to the forums since 2005, so there is a lot under the bonnet that is different but for the most part you will be able to use it the same as you always have been! But for those interested, here is a list of the changes to the forums for you to enjoy:

- Enhanced security. Though phpBB3 forums were very secure in the first place, the 3.1 release has been checked over by top security experts to make sure that all our data remains as secure as possible
- Responsive themes. This theme that I have been adapting for quite some weeks is fully mobile ready, so you guys will be able to pop in from your phones with no trouble at all.
- New theme. Bit obvious I know, but the new theme has a number of features that you'll be seeing throughout it, from an easier to use set of control panels to new features throughout the header
- Notifications. If you look at the top right of the header you'll see a little bell next to the logout button. When you enable notifications on a topic or forum, this will light up, letting you know exactly what you have missed! Same goes for private messages
- Quick Reply. I have enabled quick reply on the boards to make it easier for you to respond to a thread. However, this feature is still under a little design work so you may notice it looking a little out of place at time
- Minimised categories. Really good for those of us who have a gazillion forums in the board index, you can now minimise them and it should remember your choices for next time, making it much easier to browse through the forums
- New signatures. After having trialled them for a while, we're pretty pleased to introduce the new signatures, which will perfectly integrate into the new forums. A pretty great mix between old and new this signature marks the start of a change of direction for the Ninth Fleet, where things will start becomming more integrated and expansive to make sure that we will still be going strong in fifteen years time!

So let us know what you guys think of the changes and what you would like added to the forums/site in the future and we will do our best to get them integrated!

Hunt
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Welcome To The New Forums!

Post by Hunt » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:21 pm

If you need a new signature, I've created a new request thread here: http://www.9thfleet.com/forums/viewtopi ... 782#p81782