A lurker arises from the deep ...

Office of the 9th fleet recruitment officer! Applications to join go in the Applications Subforum.
CAPTCHA: NX-59650

Moderator: Command Staff

Gorawarthieniup
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

A lurker arises from the deep ...

Post by Gorawarthieniup » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:32 pm

Did I scare you?

Rats! I guess it's hard to be scary when you're less than 5' tall and green, eh?

I've been quietly lurking around the fleet for a while now. I don't really have a lot to say, but I do enjoy reading what y'all post.

While I'm relatively new to gaming in the Star Trek universe, I'm a long-time gamer (remember Marathon and the original Castle Wolfenstein?) and a life-long Star Trek fan with fond memories of hiding behind the couch while ToS reruns were on television when I was young. Oops, did I just date myself? Dammit. Get off my lawn, you whimpersnappers!

I haven't been in any other fleets. Generally I avoid the whole "clan" thing in MMOs, mostly because too many require me to log on at specific times or have a specific activity level. I tend to play in spurts, log off for a few weeks or months, and then play regularly for a while. So far STO has held my attention far more than other games, and the laid-back nature of the 9th Fleet fits my style well.

I generally play PvE, as its ad-hoc nature works well for me. PvP often requires more of a commitment than I often have time for. Plus, I don't have a good setup for teamspeak, so it's harder to participate without communications.

My STO handle is Gorawarthienuip@gonzopdx. Feel free to hit me up for some team play if I'm online and you don't mind the lack of voice chat. :-)

-Gor

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: A lurker arises from the deep ...

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:12 am

Welcome to the Forums Cadet!
I think after what we've seen here, it's pretty much impossible to scare any of us!
As for joining clans, well you have just joined the oldest ST Fleet ever! Though since you've been lurking I suppose you already know that! Having said that, your application into this fleet is officially accepted; I am Rear Admiral Gadget, Director of Personnel. If you have any problems outside STO, you can send me a PM!

Enjoy the new access being an officer gives you!

apollox
Commander
Commander

Post by apollox » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Welcome to the ninth

F9thRyker
Captain
Captain

Post by F9thRyker » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Welcome to the asylum - stop by the pool after checking in... :mrgreen:
Rgds
F9thRyker

SoongType
Captain
Captain

Post by SoongType » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:35 pm

Welcome to the fleet :D
"I am a scientist,I don't think I observe" MST3K "I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious" AE

Gorawarthieniup
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by Gorawarthieniup » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:16 am

F9thRyker wrote:Welcome to the asylum - stop by the pool after checking in... :mrgreen:
We have a pool!? Why did I not see that when I was wandering around the starbase?

Wait a second ... is this one of those, "send the newbie on the quest for a left handed widget-puller" initiations? :mrgreen:

FarShot
Captain - Retired
Captain - Retired

Post by FarShot » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:06 am

Uhh... do those things end with lots of yelling from the South Wing? If so, then yes.

Hunt
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Hunt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:51 pm

By the way, If you need to use the turbolift, I've got passes for only 49.99 credits each.

I hope you liked what you saw while lurking down in the Roleplay division boards, I'm Commodore Hunt, Chief GameMaster. We're always looking for more people to join the game. If you're interested, here's our RP recruitment thread: http://www.9thfleet.com/forums/viewtopi ... 021#p76021.