Newbie here

Office of the 9th fleet recruitment officer! Applications to join go in the Applications Subforum.
CAPTCHA: NX-59650

Moderator: Command Staff

Paarthunax
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Newbie here

Post by Paarthunax » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:46 am

Hiya, half veteran here I guess? Started playing STO way back, been inactive for nearly 2 years but have recently rejoined. Various experience playing MMOs, including Guild Wars and WoW. Looking forward to playing with an active fleet! :D

Hunt
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Newbie here

Post by Hunt » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Welcome back, if you don't remember me, I'm Commodore Hunt, Commander of our Forum Based Roleplay Task Force and our Office of Heraldry. Once you get permissions sorted, be sure to check out or Roleplay game if you're interested, and also drop by our signature request thread to pick up one of these awesome sigs.

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Hello, before I set up permissions up, do you have an old account here that you'd rather I restore?

Paarthunax
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by Paarthunax » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:04 pm

Think there's a misunderstanding lol, I played STO up until around 2 years ago, but wasn't part of this particular fleet. Got back a couple of days ago, and looking for an active fleet came across you guys.
Thanks for the warm welcome :) Will set up a sig tomorrow evening, off to bed soon I think. Joys of work in the morning :(

Hunt
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Hunt » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:13 pm

oh, ok, we've been getting a lot of re-enlistments lately, I guess I misunderstood what you meant by veteran. Welcome aboard.

Paarthunax
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by Paarthunax » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:33 pm

Haha yeah. I've played on and off since 2012 so if that makes me a vet, I don't know :P After a 2 year break though, I've all but forgotten the basics, so it's as if I'm starting fresh with a r50 VA. Makes life easier I guess, haha. Thanks again for the welcome :)

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:23 pm

Paarthunax wrote:Think there's a misunderstanding lol, I played STO up until around 2 years ago, but wasn't part of this particular fleet. Got back a couple of days ago, and looking for an active fleet came across you guys.
Thanks for the warm welcome :) Will set up a sig tomorrow evening, off to bed soon I think. Joys of work in the morning :(

Righteo! Well, I'll get your permissions set up! Vice Admiral Gadget, Fleet XO at your service. Any problems, questions etc just drop me a PM here. Sig request thread should be accessible to you now too, Hunt makes all those fancy sigs!