Returning (somewhat) to Duty...

This forum contains rules and other important information about the site and forums.

Moderator: Command Staff

achornback
Lieutenant, J.G.
Lieutenant, J.G.

Returning (somewhat) to Duty...

Post by achornback » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:12 am

Unholy... that's my first reaction to seeing what STO has turned into over the past few years.

Yes, I'm still alive, kicking and doing pretty damn well (finished my first Master's degree, three job changes since my last login on the forums... all promotions, thankfully). Now, I find myself with some time between grad schools to throw a few quantum torpedoes around.

Now I need to get re-educated and acclimated to the game - what once was a "hot knife through butter" configuration (from a few years ago) has moved into the "can't cut the mustard" category. Any/all tips on getting back up to speed with all of the changes? Should I just go ahead and dump a bunch of cash into this thing and try to get competitive again or is there another option?

Oh, and it's probably about time for a new sig... :)

--- Andy

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Returning (somewhat) to Duty...

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:04 pm

Welcome back! Congratulations on how things are going for you, that is great to hear! Best person to talk to for getting back in game I think would be funderdog or ExTribble, and Sulfrus. As for a new sig, drop a post in the sig thread and Hunt shall take care of that for you!