Quick flyby coms

For our welcomed guests and emissaries from other fleets.

Moderator: Command Staff

SBO DarthYoda
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Quick flyby coms

Post by SBO DarthYoda » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Hey guys, nice to see you still floating around, far too much work to be done for STO coming online, I know we're busy as ever (and its nice to see old members and friends appearing from the woodworks, am currently in the middle of trying to program a game, test ts3s capabilities (which it turning out to be quite sweet I must say) and a few things for christmas (lots to plan and do).

i'll drop by again later on when i have a few actual minutes on my hand

Ste

Itrosnoc
Fleet Captain - Retired
Fleet Captain - Retired

Re: Quick flyby coms

Post by Itrosnoc » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:18 pm

howdy howdy howdy :)

does this game involve anything star trek?
@Conman
Federation/Klingon
Conman/Zodo
Foxtrot/Klaar.
Dac/Klaar

Omdra
Commodore - Retired

Post by Omdra » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:23 pm

omg - how long has it been? way to long I would say :wink:

make yourself at home and enjoy our forums m8

Rgds
Om

F9thRyker
Captain
Captain

Post by F9thRyker » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:34 pm

Yoda! Good to hear from you - when you're done programming, drop by for a pint. Am sure there are more than a few people here who would love to share a drink with you 8)
Rgds
F9thRyker

SBO DarthYoda
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by SBO DarthYoda » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:56 pm

when i'm finished programming LOL, yeh... unfortunately no its not ST orientated (cant be arsed to try and sort out the licensing etc for something like that. instead i've created my entire own universe to play with. if anyone ever played OGame or Astro Empires think a game like tat. except for a lot better as A i'm making it. and B i'm designing it. I've had soo many ideas of things like this that thought screw it.. and i started. games like this generally have about 200+ people working on them overall... yeh there's me and one other guy means no organisation and red tape etc etc to go through if anything needs deciding its done there and then :D

we're currently still pre-alpha theres most of the game is designed but there's a LOT of programming stll to do. (i have a whiteboard filling one of my walls and its full of things to do (catagories and sub catagories) its giving me something to do and i'm loving it..

as a side not i'll put my ts3 server details up here later if anyone has an inclining to be testing it (i'm still trying to work my way round the server side of stuff as theres currently no interface and the cmdline stuff isnt that intuitive unfortunatly...

anyways foods ready gota dash (report back in in a bit to finish this off) (ps hi to you guys (was going to be later but i feel ignorant not saying it here)

Ste

Itrosnoc
Fleet Captain - Retired
Fleet Captain - Retired

Post by Itrosnoc » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:02 pm

if you haven't done something like this before i got some advice. stick with what your vision is out side input can be valuable but unfortunately someone elses ideas tend to get stuck in the mud when you, the designer, try to interpret them... something i learned from a friend who was doing the same thing.

GOOD LUCk!
@Conman
Federation/Klingon
Conman/Zodo
Foxtrot/Klaar.
Dac/Klaar

SBO DarthYoda
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by SBO DarthYoda » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:15 pm

Conman wrote:if you haven't done something like this before i got some advice. stick with what your vision is out side input can be valuable but unfortunately someone elses ideas tend to get stuck in the mud when you, the designer, try to interpret them... something i learned from a friend who was doing the same thing.

GOOD LUCk!

yeh. as I say theres the two of us working on the project. I'm doing the gameplay elements (ships bases map etc) and he's doing all the interface design and plans, although everything is getting checked over by the other person to ensure what we're doing isnt retarded. lol

and no i cant say i've ever done anyting on this scale before (tbf it dwarfs the rest of the games that are out there currently which is worrying)

Adro
Extra in a Yellow Shirt
Extra in a Yellow Shirt

Post by Adro » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:14 pm

Hail SBO, amazing, another ancient fleet survives...
Kindest Regards,
Adro

There are two ways to win a war. By making enemies or by making friends.

F9thSochin
Admiral - Retired

Post by F9thSochin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:07 pm

Nice to see you again Yoda

SBO DarthYoda
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by SBO DarthYoda » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:00 pm

It really is good to see so many of the old faces still kicking around after all this time. (and refreshing to see some new ones out and about as well)

wonder who else will rise out of the ashes when we go live in feb

SBO DarthYoda
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by SBO DarthYoda » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:51 pm

side note to those who have bought STO from D2D, OW at the price, granted you get your code straight of but OW!!! i'm paying about £17 more to have the collectors edition sent over from America to England, (and 15 of that is delivery) so i get my code on the 11th for the 12th beta and the dload servers will be slow. i'm liking all my extras :D (always planned on getting a com badge at somepoint :D)

F9thRyker
Captain
Captain

Post by F9thRyker » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:30 pm

http://upit1.com/forum/showforum.php?fid/104/

Link to SBO forums for reference purposes :)
Rgds
F9thRyker

SBO DarthYoda
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by SBO DarthYoda » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:59 pm

^^ cheers ryker (didnt think to post it)