Reporting for duty. New player.

Office of the 9th fleet recruitment officer! Applications to join go in the Applications Subforum.
CAPTCHA: NX-59650

Moderator: Command Staff

Corey
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Reporting for duty. New player.

Post by Corey » Sat May 18, 2013 9:29 am

Hi everyone!

I just joined the fleet for the second time (hehe)! I played with you guys for I short period of time whem I just played STO for the first time and now I'm trying the game again and I hope I can get the "feeling" of STO to play for a long time.

I've been looking for a MMO with good community interaction and not just mob grind, raids and of course not pay to win!
I prefer group interaction no matter what if it's PVP, PVE or whatever if you need me in the group just call me (when I reach a level that I can be useful :?

Thank you!

Captain Corey
U.S.S Heretic

Ogre
Commander
Commander

Re: Reporting for duty. New player.

Post by Ogre » Sat May 18, 2013 10:38 am

Welcome aboard mate!
@Elbourt
Freedream (Main), Nartok, Xip, Xybamk (Delta), Xylok, Xylos, Yodah
Naven, Neop (Main Klink), Neota, Xap, Xeenon (Delta), Xylea, Xylia
D'Tek (Main Rom), G'Kar, N'Dar, Xylan, Xylar, Xypher (Delta)

Anubis
Captain - Retired
Captain - Retired

Post by Anubis » Sat May 18, 2013 11:21 am

welcome back mate

Maxwell
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Maxwell » Wed May 22, 2013 1:04 am

Great to have you aboard!

Your new fleet here is one of the better-organized and more helpful ones out there. Our structure helps spread the weight of running an organization, and simplifies group decision-making. Our leadership communicates/reports to one another, and keeps things fairly straightforward and drama-free. Allow me to introduce our chain-of-command:

Your immediate Commanding Officer will be the Federation CO "MadDog", with darksoulnld (Darky2000 on forums - EU) & Maxwell (USA) as his Executive Officers. To assist the Fed leaders further we have Sideswipe in place as a Recruitment Officer (PVE lead) and Chris Ralston as Training Officer (PVP lead), and all 5 are authorized to mold you into a champion.

We have a Klingon side of Ninth that functions independently of Federation leadership--as an equal equivalent. Our KDF side is named House of Puv'Taj (in which you hold no membership until you request your KDF character join up). No crossover authority exists, and their leaders are Dudeski ("Sulfrus"), and Anubis (who may be a Rom leader soon, fyi).

Apollo is the fleet boss in Star Trek Online, and FarShot his first officer. Most often, decisions are made and matters resolved before Apollo even gets a report on them. Occasionally a serious issue must be elevated by MadDog (Fed) or Sulfrus (KDF) to Apollo (STO CO) or FarShot (STO XO).

Our fleet also has an upper command staff (Sharpe, Ryker, Dawg), but they're ranked as normal Officers in-game. Within the game of Star Trek Online, Apollo is in charge (If Apollo wants to confer with Ninth Fleet Command, they take it 'out' of STO game context to talk privately).

Please get to know Ninth Fleet beyond the chain-of-command through the Ninth Fleet Orientation foundry missions (need to activate the "Become Reviewer" button at bottom of the foundry window; then search for "Ninth"). There are parts I and II available. If one of us is online when you go, we'd probably enjoy going with you to run the 1st mission.

If you need info on the fleet after running the 1st orientation, let your commanding officer--or any member online--know, and we'll be here for you. We're excited to have you aboard!

Best,
Maxwell
STO Fed Exec Officer
Maxwell@kaltoh9

[Combat (Self)] Chris Ralston deals 26548 (42414) Phaser Damage(Critical) to you with Phaser Array - Overload II.
[Combat (Self)] Chris Ralston deals 418 (12192) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach.

apollox
Commander
Commander

Post by apollox » Wed May 22, 2013 1:30 am

Welcome to the fleet.