Bridge Commander Central?

A place to kick back with a drink and relax with fleetmates and guests. Water is not allowed...

Moderator: Command Staff

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Bridge Commander Central?

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:30 pm

A fair amount of veterans and guests here are from BC, so we have BCC accounts. Since the domain has been down we've been using all the other forums to try to transmit infomation.

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:12 pm

News on BCC:

the future of BCC is currently uncertain according to Jimmy, but we're already in the process of planning a setup for a new host, grab the domain asap and restore from backups.

Resistance
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Resistance » Sun May 18, 2014 8:25 pm

Intercity125 wrote:News on BCC:

the future of BCC is currently uncertain according to Jimmy, but we're already in the process of planning a setup for a new host, grab the domain asap and restore from backups.
One of the community could probably buy the domain and transfer it over to them when they've got a host set up... if they want to make sure that the domain is theirs...

Hell, I could do it, I get discounts through Gandi on domains (send me the domain if they want that option done... unless someone grabs the domain now)
[9th] Resistance
Lt. Commander
Fleet Administration Officer
(including Fleet Engineering)

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:55 pm

We're stuck in a holding period before we can buy the domain again, I think Jimmy is going to sort it out, but I'll keep you updated, and if need be we can sort something out through Ninth Fleet members ^^

Resistance
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Resistance » Sun May 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Intercity125 wrote:We're stuck in a holding period before we can buy the domain again, I think Jimmy is going to sort it out, but I'll keep you updated, and if need be we can sort something out through Ninth Fleet members ^^
Well, it's $10 with tax per year through gandi.net for a .com, with the E rates (non-profit rates, because Ubuntu Member status with the Ubuntu project) I get with them, so if someone DOES need to grab the domain, I/m sure we can set up something, either with me buying it, or with me buying it and transferring it (this is probably cheaper than other domain purchasing, maybe). I don't mind doing a multi-year purchase, if that's what is needed. Transfer is gonna depend on where they want the domain registrar to be (because of costs), but I don't mind helping out if they want. I can spare $30 and change for right now, so if in the next several days the thing needs purchased, and nobody minds, I can grab the domain for three years for $30.

Just lemme know what all's needed here, Intercity. If they resolve it themselves, fine, if not, fine. I am more than willing to help :)
[9th] Resistance
Lt. Commander

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:09 pm

Looks like Viper is on. He says he won't let the site die. If you have web development experience, it may come in handy, since we may do some recoding of the site. (May try to revive it as BCU)

Resistance
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Resistance » Mon May 19, 2014 12:12 am

Intercity125 wrote:Looks like Viper is on. He says he won't let the site die. If you have web development experience, it may come in handy, since we may do some recoding of the site. (May try to revive it as BCU)
Yeah, my dev skills are kinda crappy... I haven't had much web devel experience... more IT Security than anything...
[9th] Resistance
Lt. Commander

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:37 am

Alright, no worries! I can try to handle it. My only constraint is time!

I'll post instructions on how to access the forums in their current state later on!

Joshmaul
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Joshmaul » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:44 pm

I realize this is forum necromancy here, but for those interested, BCC has been up at a new location for a while (since I didn't see a link here): http://robbieshobbiesnet.ipage.com/BCC- ... /index.php
Underwood (Tac) - G'dath (Sci) - Alieth (Eng)
D'Gehn (Sci) - Kor'taeron (Eng) - Melena (Tac)
Ketiron (KDF Eng) - Shivanek (Fed Tac) - Linavil (Fed Sci)

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:02 pm

That's actually the original location of the site but it looks like for now we can use it. A month ago it wouldn't work... nice find!