Resistance's Application

Office of the 9th fleet recruitment officer! Applications to join go in the Applications Subforum.
CAPTCHA: NX-59650

Moderator: Command Staff

Resistance
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Resistance's Application

Post by Resistance » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:18 am

NOTICE: My older account, "Resistance", cannot be deleted apparently, so this is my primary. Hopefully, I can help you guys with "merging" the accounts, since I've run phpBB forums for years ;)

That's why my username here is =Resistance= ;P

---

2. In this post, tell us a little about yourself!

I am an avid Trek gamer who is recently-clanless due to unforeseeable circumstances. I am very to-the- point, which is both a strength and a failing. I am an extremely technically-oriented person, and understand phpBB, TeamSpeak 3, Linux, and most of Windows like the back of my hand.

I noticed 9th fleet via the United Fleets Coalition, and have been interacting with your officers (Dawg and Apollo are two that come to mind) for several days. I find you to be honorable, and have been considering joining your fleet after leaving Starfleet Imperium due to stagnation, and have finally decided to dust off my gaming resume and join up with 9th.

---

4. Have you played any other Star Trek games? What other games do you play?

I currently play Star Trek Online, however I used to play Star Trek Bridge Commander as my primary game, ages ago during the Devil Dogs vs. Everyone wars as a member of the X-Fleet Sentinels (XFS). While I have a system capable of running Bridge Commander, I do not have Bridge Commander installed, and would need the files again to do so.

---

5. Have you been in any other fleets?

Yes, but it'd be best to just outline my chronologically-sorted clan-affiliation list, rather than use sentences to explain where i've been (this is chronologically-ordered, but is without the years I served... the veterans of 9th will recognize me, if at least vaguely, by my old Bridge Commander affiliation tags, "XFS32 Resist.", though):
X-Fleet Sentinels ->
Liberation Armada (for a week) ->
X-Fleet Sentinels (achieved rank of PC Gaming General during this time) ->
Starfleet [SF] (joined as a "doctor". was CMO of their "Enterprise" at one point.) ->
Guardians of Neraxia [GN] ->
Freelancing for a while ->
Federation Command [FC] (Vice Admiral) ->
Freelancing ->
Starfleet Imperium [SI] (Max. Rank: General) ->
Now Clanless

---

6. For STO - what do you prefer to play, PvE or PvP

For STO, I tend to not do PvP outside of random, "just for the hell of it" PvPing. I do like fleet actions, and, unless we're PUG-ing one (Pick Up Grouping), I am more than capable of handling STFs and the evil of the Borg Collective. I am capable of running fleet actions as well, as part of a fleet.

---

7. For STO - what is your in-game username/account name? (The '@' handle)

My @ handle is @AlmightyResistance.
Here's a list of my characters:
Larista Cela Dax - Tactical - Federation (Joined Trill Female) (Primary Character)
The Lord Of Time - Tactical - Federation (Alien Male)
Four of Six - Engineering - Federation (Liberated Borg Female) (Secondary Character)
The Mistress of Time - Tactical - Klingon (Joined Trill Female)

I have other characters, but they are members of my one-man fleet (see the section below this one for details on that).

---

Other Information Of Relevance

One of my characters has a one-man fleet owned by me which I use for fleet bank extraneous storage. Currently, one of my untrained, non-primary characters holds that fleet, and has no intent to recruit that. That is used strictly for extra bank storage space. I also rent out that bank storage space on occasion. Currently, all of my characters which I listed above are squatting in that one-man fleet, to avoid the mess of fleet invites non-fleeted people get.

I have a business arrangement with Starfleet Imperium and WolfPack for Teamspeak or Forum Hosting. That does not impact my ability to be a member of any fleet or clan.

==========

REQUIREMENTS
Must be 16+ years in age
Confirmed. I am 22 years of age.

Must introduce yourself though in game chat or Team speak server
Dawg and Apollo both know who I am. I have your TS information as well, courtesy of Dawg. Those of you who are veterans of the Bridge Commander days, and the DD= vs. Everyone / IOC vs. Everyone wars, will possibly recognize the "XFS32 Resist." from those days. That was, and still is, me, even though my clan affiliations have changed over time :P
[9th] Resistance
Lt. Commander
Fleet Administration Officer
(including Fleet Engineering)

9thDawg
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Resistance's Application

Post by 9thDawg » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:28 am

Welcome to the 9th Fleet forums Resistence, I have read over application and given the fact that u flew alongside my bc division during the DD wars and you are an honorable and respectable person ingame who plays by the rules I personally and fully endorse your application and given your history with the clans and your achivements I recommend that he be fully accepted into the 9th.
I need a 2nd on this

apollox
Commander
Commander

Post by apollox » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:30 am

I 2nd this due to the times I have flown with him in STO.

9thDawg
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 9thDawg » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 am

Welcome to the 9th Fleet usual probation period waved

apollox
Commander
Commander

Post by apollox » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:05 am

welcome to the Ninth Fleet, 1st Squadron.

Resistance
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Resistance » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:48 am

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!
[9th] Resistance
Lt. Commander
Fleet Administration Officer
(including Fleet Engineering)

F9thRyker
Captain