Varus' application to the 9th Fleet

Office of the 9th fleet recruitment officer! Applications to join go in the Applications Subforum.
CAPTCHA: NX-59650

Moderator: Command Staff

Varus
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Varus' application to the 9th Fleet

Post by Varus » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:36 am

Greetings,

I am a college student and an avid sci-fi fan. My earliest memory is watching ST:TNG with my parents when I must have been 4 or 5 and I have never looked back lol. I love to read, cook, and don't get me started on Roman History unless you don't want me to shut up for an hour.

The other Star Trek games I have played are as follows:SFC 1,2,3, Bridge Commander, ST:Klingon and Star Fleet Academy, ST: A Final Unity, some weird top down game on the Sega Genesis i cant remember the name of, ST: Borg and Klingon, Elite Force 1 & 2, Starship Creator (hey I felt it was a game lol), Armada 1 & 2, and Legacy. Whew, probably one or two others but I can't think of them now. Outside of star trek I currently play Mechwarrior Online, and every so often get on Dawn if War 2 or Spacemarine to get my burn the heretic, mutant, and xenos fix.

I was in another fleet for awhile, The Solar Storm, but left when they started naming their Star Bases and such opprobrious and misogynistic names. I started my own fleet for a while with some local friends but it was just too much for the 5 of us to pull anything off with the hours we keep at work and school.

In STO I mainly do PvE, I am not adverse to PvP at all but I would probably need some pointers in that regard as to ship builds and the like.

My handle is @Willard24, also my main is a 50 Eng/Cruiser tho I am working on a Sci and Tac officer when the mood strikes me. And I have a lifetime sub in STO, sometimes school and work require me to drop off for a week or so at a time but I will always be back.

Thanks for your time and feel free to ask me about anything in game, Varus@Willard24, or here.

Anubis
Captain - Retired
Captain - Retired

Re: Varus' application to the 9th Fleet

Post by Anubis » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:52 am

Welcome in the fleet..

F9thSochin
Admiral - Retired

Post by F9thSochin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:40 am

Welcome, with a name like yours its lucky there is no forests, no legions and the germans are freindly.

Varus
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by Varus » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Very true, I don't even like to go on away missions to forested worlds, the memories are too fresh

apollox
Commander
Commander

Post by apollox » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Welcome to the fleet. I just got your permissions sorted out.

darksoulnld
Commander
Commander

Post by darksoulnld » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Welcome to the fleet

Varus
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by Varus » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:05 am

Thanks for the welcome all. Got the teamspeak2 set up and the 9FLEET in game text channel sorted. Let me know if there is some other way to get in contact with the fleet in game and I will do it.

darksoulnld
Commander
Commander

Post by darksoulnld » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:39 am

We use Teamspeak 3.

Varus
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by Varus » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Well that explains no one being on the teamspeak 2 server. I was just going off the stick post about recruitment procedures, could you link the teamspeak 3 log in info?

Raggendar
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Raggendar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:04 am